A few other interesting climate facts for March 2012:
- 27 days had "above normal" average temperatures
- 18 days had average temperatures at least 10 degrees above normal
- 6 daily temperature records were either tied or broken
- The previous warmest March was over 2 degrees cooler than 2012 (typically the warmest months are tenths of degrees apart - 2012 wasn't even close!)
- As of March 31, our average temperature for 2012 (Jan-Mar) is also 1.3 degrees higher than the previous record warm year (1907) and 6.8 degrees above normal
TOP 10 WARMEST MARCH MONTHS
The spring outlook (below) indicates a likelihood of continued above normal temperatures for both the month of April and the 3-month period of April-May-June, according to NOAA/Climate Prediction Center.
|April outlook from CPC calls for a 40% chance of above normal temperatures (27% chance of below normal)|
|April-May-June outlook from CPC calls for a ~50% chance of above normal temperatures (17% chance of below normal)|
For weather information for Memphis and the Mid-South, where and when you need it, visit MemphisWeather.net on the web, m.memphisweather.net on your mobile phone, download our iPhone or Android apps, or visit us on Facebook or Twitter.